22 April 2006

I have fucking had it with people

Ok, as most of you are aware, I lost my Grandfather to Lung Cancer this week. It's been a tough month for us and though I know he's in a better place now and not suffering anymore, it's difficult to let him go. I've been a wreck all week.

Having said that, I woke up this morning to my car being keyed and having the tire slashed. You see, the jackasses who live in the apartment next to our's have a BB Gun. They've been using the BB Gun to shoot up their apartment and various things on the porch and have generally been making violent assholes out of themselves to the point that every time I open our doors I lock up our escape risk cat to make sure he doesn't become a moving target on the outside. Well, on Tuesday this week there was some drama with Bonnie and Clyde next door. Clyde (I don't know their names, so I use psuedonyms) got into something with a girl I assume to be his ex-girlfriend and said girl keyed Bonnie's car. My husband and I saw this happen and chose, as we have about the BB Gun antics in the apartment and on the porch, to not do anything. Steve didn't want to get involved and I didn't want anything to happen in revenge for us meddling. But that changed. I went to the hospital to spend some time with my Grandpa and Steve stayed home to barbecue (he doesn't deal well with hospitals so it was ok for him to stay home). While I was at the hospital, the exgirlfriend comes back and starts more shit with Clyde, only this time it ends with her speeding away and Clyde taking pot shots at her car with the BB Gun. Not. Cool. So Steve, rightly, calles the Police. Meanwhile, Bonnie and Clyde are afraid of what the ex-girlfriend might do to them so they go upstairs to hang out with Butthead who lives in apartment 3. Steve goes upstairs to see if Butthead saw the shooting, sees Bonnie and Clyde up there, and comes back downstairs to wait for the Police. Cop comes and Steve tells the cop where to find Bonnie and Clyde. Cop takes Bonnie and Clyde back downstairs, tours apartment 2, but doesn't arrest anyone because he can't find the BB Gun. Cop tells Clyde that if anyone calls the police on them for this again, arrests will be made. Cop leaves, end of the night.

Which brings us to today. It isn't hard to believe that the fuckers in apartment 2 keyed my car and slashed my tire in retaliation for Steve calling the cops on them. My car was parked up the street a bit and not directly in front of the house, which leads me to believe someone was targeting me and not just randomly keying cars and whatnot. Considering what started this was the fact that Bonnie's car was keyed showes me what kind of people I am dealing with so it isn't a far leap to think that Bonnie, Clyde, or one of the hoard of people they have in and out of that apartment is responsible for the damage to my car. Plus, Bonnie's car has mysteriously disappeard from the street and we saw her walking home with grocery bags today. Suspicious, neh? Basically, even though I didn't see them do it, I know they done it. But considering I can't prove it, there's not much I can do about it. The cop who came out today told me as much. He also counseled me against persuing the case against them because of lack of evidence and also because something worse might happen to the car in retaliation for me pressing charges. We got the Landlord down here as well and he talked to the cop and he also, for the first time, saw all the damage in the apartment. The cop today said he was leaving a note for the night shift and if any of us tenants call about any disturbance at all, anyone in that apartment is going to jail. And I'm just itching for them to fuck up and do it. If they have any God Damned sense they will A: not do anything else to me because if anything else happens to my car while I'm home today it's pretty much a dead giveaway who did it. That's probabal cause, baby, and it gives me a better case should I sue. And B: they'll move out TODAY. They fucked up by messing with me. Clyde's ex-girlfriend might not call the cops or press charges against him but by God, I sure as hell will. If they thought all I would do is get a new tire and perhaps key their car in revenge they were sorely mistaken. With any luck, having the cops called on them twice in one week will at least get them to calm the fuck down until Tuesday when their eviction goes through. They've already been to court about the eviction and lost so they have till Tuesday to get the fuck out. Supposedly, they have someone coming over today to get some of their furniture and junk and they were going to "clean up" today as well. If that's true, and they have any God Damned sense like I said, they'll just get the fuck out today. But I know they won't. They're not that smart. In fact, I look for my CD player to be stolen, my apartment to be broken into, or my car to have something else horrible happen to it before this weekend is over. But once again...if that does happen...first of all it'll be whatever you call breaking and entering when it involves a car because my car is locked up and the windows are up. And also, if it happens while I am at home, that makes my case against them a little more solid. I mean, it's just too damn coincidental if my car gets keyed and slashed and I can show motive from them and then later the same day my CD player gets stolen or my other tires get slashed or whatever. I should call and get the number of my police report and the name of the cop that responded just in case something does happen.

And this is so not what I need right now. On top of getting ready to deal with calling hours and a funeral and everything that goes along with that, now I have car shit to deal with. I know things could get worse, things can always get worse somehow, but they aren't all that great right now. And of course this had to happen on a Saturday when I can't transfer money from my savings to my checking so I can get the tire fixed on my own. No no no...I have to call my effing father to come bail me out ONCE AGAIN! Fucking ugh.

April sucks.

How I'm Doing: Pissed Off!!!
In the Background: Street sounds, the fan, the hum of the hard drive, and the voices screaming in my head for revenge